Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MinkiKimSI
    replied
    I'm assuming a Zachary Miller found about this workshop on SS. Could you PM me with your email address so I can send the course manual to you?

Thanks!

Should be a great class! Thanks for your responses.

Leave a comment:

• MinkiKimSI
    replied
    Hi gang,

Registration is up September 1st! That's in about 2 weeks.

Please PM directly here on SS or email me at minkikimSI@gmail.com if you need to.

Thanks all!

Leave a comment:

• MinkiKimSI
    replied
    Hey again,

I've had some folks contact me for more info so I included a link in the first post.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• MinkiKimSI
    replied
    Hi folks,

Early registration ends today. Still plenty of time to sign up though!

Always tons to do in the summer in NYC...

Leave a comment:

• MinkiKimSI
    replied
    Originally posted by Matthew Danziger View Post
    I've posted about this class a few times to a fair reception. Unfortunately I've also realized that another SS member, Greg Lehman will also be teaching nearby (in NJ) that same weekend. It's the plague of too many good options.
    Thanks for sharing Matthew! If your colleagues have questions, please send them my way. My contact info is on the first post above.

If I were to base your decision based on location, I'd go NYC any day. This coming from a very biased New Yorker...

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Danziger
    replied
    I've posted about this class a few times to a fair reception. Unfortunately I've also realized that another SS member, Greg Lehman will also be teaching nearby (in NJ) that same weekend. It's the plague of too many good options.

Leave a comment:

• MinkiKimSI
    replied
    Hope everyone had a wonderful summer day with the male role models, fathers, and guardians in their lives Sunday!

Just a friendly reminder that early registration for this workshop expires July 15th, 2015. That's about about 3 weeks left. Tuition is due 15 weeks prior to the start of class.

Thanks! PM me with any questions.

Leave a comment:

• Barrett Dorko
    replied
    Someone messaged me about this workshop and how to contact the organizer. It's all in post #1 in that link to the organizer, Minki Kim.

Leave a comment:

• Diane
    replied
    Hard to believe it was a decade ago.
    I think her name is Maike.

Leave a comment:

• Barrett Dorko
    replied
    Yes Nari, it was a wonderful weekend.

I have always felt that Canada was a great country, though I once saw it referred to in a cartoon as "America's Hat!"

Had I been Canadian I would have been offended. As it is, I'm an Ohioan and it only made me smile.

Anyway, the picture displays my tendency to demonstrate and speak simultaneously. Now I understand that this is commonly my way of handling others as well. It raises the nature of context to such a degree that Patrick (also from Australia) says I have "the gift of gab."

Aside from formal reality (as far as we know), I've found that using the right story and/or metaphor makes all that we try to teach another extremely important.

Leave a comment:

• nari
    replied
    No, it wasn't Diane but I had a feeling it was a woman with bilateral CTS. It was ten years ago (nearly) but I seem to remember she had no pain at the end of the course.

Great course and venue. Not a bad country, either!!

Leave a comment:

• nykinvic
    replied
    Well, I for one (and more), would love to see you both back on Vancouver Island.

Leave a comment:

• Diane
    replied
    No, wasn't me.

Leave a comment:

• Barrett Dorko
    replied
    The photo in Minki's link was taken during the course I taught on Vancouver Island off the west coast of Canada. I think I was demonstrating on Diane at that moment.

In any case, several of the writers here attended that workshop and met my son and (then) new daughter-in-law.

I've learned a few things since.

Leave a comment:

• MinkiKimSI
    replied
    Originally posted by Matthew Danziger View Post
    A link would be much better. Even a jpg uploaded with the relevant information is going to be much easier to share.
    Matthew, here's the link I posted directly on my website. Thanks for your help and support! I hope you swing by even if you won't take this class again and we can have a drink or two.

http://nycstructuralintegration.com/barrettdorkonyc/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X