Simple Contact Workshop in NYC - Fall 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Nari, it was a wonderful weekend.

I have always felt that Canada was a great country, though I once saw it referred to in a cartoon as "America's Hat!"

Had I been Canadian I would have been offended. As it is, I'm an Ohioan and it only made me smile.

Anyway, the picture displays my tendency to demonstrate and speak simultaneously. Now I understand that this is commonly my way of handling others as well. It raises the nature of context to such a degree that Patrick (also from Australia) says I have "the gift of gab."

Aside from formal reality (as far as we know), I've found that using the right story and/or metaphor makes all that we try to teach another extremely important.
    Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

Hard to believe it was a decade ago.
      I think her name is Maike.
      Diane
      www.dermoneuromodulation.com
      SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
      HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
      Neurotonics PT Teamblog
      Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
      Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
      @PainPhysiosCan
      WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
      @WCPTPTPN
      Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
      SomaSimple on Facebook
      @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

Someone messaged me about this workshop and how to contact the organizer. It's all in post #1 in that link to the organizer, Minki Kim.
        Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

Hope everyone had a wonderful summer day with the male role models, fathers, and guardians in their lives Sunday!

Just a friendly reminder that early registration for this workshop expires July 15th, 2015. That's about about 3 weeks left. Tuition is due 15 weeks prior to the start of class.

Thanks! PM me with any questions.

Comment

I've posted about this class a few times to a fair reception. Unfortunately I've also realized that another SS member, Greg Lehman will also be teaching nearby (in NJ) that same weekend. It's the plague of too many good options.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Danziger View Post
              I've posted about this class a few times to a fair reception. Unfortunately I've also realized that another SS member, Greg Lehman will also be teaching nearby (in NJ) that same weekend. It's the plague of too many good options.
              Thanks for sharing Matthew! If your colleagues have questions, please send them my way. My contact info is on the first post above.

If I were to base your decision based on location, I'd go NYC any day. This coming from a very biased New Yorker...

Comment

Hi folks,

Early registration ends today. Still plenty of time to sign up though!

Always tons to do in the summer in NYC...

Comment

Hey again,

I've had some folks contact me for more info so I included a link in the first post.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi gang,

Registration is up September 1st! That's in about 2 weeks.

Please PM directly here on SS or email me at minkikimSI@gmail.com if you need to.

Thanks all!

Comment

I'm assuming a Zachary Miller found about this workshop on SS. Could you PM me with your email address so I can send the course manual to you?

Thanks!

Should be a great class! Thanks for your responses.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                      Working...
                      X