Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Contact May 10th-11th Hamilton Ontario

Hey SS,

Just as a reminder we hoping to bring Barrett to Hamilton Ontario on May the weekend of May 10th-11th. We've got a time and a location, all we need are people.

It would be truly disappointing for this opportunity to be missed especially by local Canadian PT's, considering the very recent thread of deconstructing the Canadian Ortho Div. I think Canada could use some good continuing education.

There is not much time left, we need to have a good number of people by the end of this month (March).

Please see the attached flyer and contact Jake Tumber at: jaketumber@icloud.com. He has been gracious enough to host the workshop. :clap2:

Thanks
    Attached Files

I've already put a lot of work into this and want very much for it to go. If there's anything more that I can do, just let me know.
    Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

Well, Barret: I am in. Finally.
      We don't see things as they are, we see things as WE are - Anais Nin

I suppose it's easier to believe something than it is to understand it.
      Cmdr. Chris Hadfield on rise of poor / pseudo science

Pain is a conscious correlate of the implicit perception of threat to body tissue - Lorimer Moseley

We don't need a body to feel a body. Ronald Melzack

Comment

Thanks Bas. I look forward to putting a face to the name.

Comment

That is so true: I can finally meet face-to-face with people I have only known internetionally.
          We don't see things as they are, we see things as WE are - Anais Nin

I suppose it's easier to believe something than it is to understand it.
          Cmdr. Chris Hadfield on rise of poor / pseudo science

Pain is a conscious correlate of the implicit perception of threat to body tissue - Lorimer Moseley

We don't need a body to feel a body. Ronald Melzack

Comment

I recently wrote a description for Jake Tumber to use in his advertisement. It said in part:

Simple Contact is two things; an understanding of how painful problems occur and a method of managing them manually in a manner that is synchronous with that understanding.

Ideomotion is a movement inherent to life that both expresses us and keeps us comfortable.
            Both comments are unassailable, I'm pretty sure. At least, no one to my knowledge has assailed them.

Maybe me, but not them.
            Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

Here is a recent Blog post I have written to attempt to entice new attendees to the Hamilton work shop. Share if you can. http://blog.shavasana.com/2014/03/wo...latier-or.html
              Byron Selorme -SomaSimpleton and Science Based Yoga Educator
              Shavasana Yoga Center

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool" Richard Feynman

Comment

About one month left until the workshop. Get those applications in!!

Comment

I'm preparing for this everyday and will be there no matter what.

The numbers are low but I'm committed and ready to do the very best job I ever have. It will probably be a while before I return to Canada, and my friends there will have to simply train their colleagues.
                  Last edited by Barrett Dorko; 17-04-2014, 01:54 AM.
                  Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

bump
                    Shavasana Yoga Center

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool" Richard Feynman

Comment

It has also been suggested that I never refer to Hamilton as a suburb of Toronto. Those of you coming from out of town should probably not either.

No need to thank me.
                      Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

A great day for Ontario ( and Michigan). Quite a few somasimpletons here enjoying a great lecture by Barrett.
                        Shavasana Yoga Center

Comment

Looks like you guys finally found an effective use for a foam roller...
                          Ryan Appell DPT
                          @Rappell_PT

Comment

Working...
                          X