Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Action Effects in Perception and Action: The Ideomotor Approach.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Action Effects in Perception and Action: The Ideomotor Approach.

Last edited by AdamB; 29-09-2015, 10:26 AM.

I wonder if sufficient distinction is made between reflex and ideomotoric responses.

The example given in the exerpt of someone jumping back from the strike of a snake confined behind reinforced glass is probably hardwired in our genes.

Toddlers will sometimes dance to music after they have heard a few bars, this IMO is an ideomotoric response.

As a rather slow defensive fencer, I made use of both pathways in my opponents in order to get the hit.
    Jo Bowyer
    Chartered Physiotherapist Registered Osteopath.
    "Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi

Comment

Jo,

I learned the term "reflexive effect" from John Mennell personally and came to understand it as all that was not mechanical in response to manual handling.

Ideomotion came, mainly, from sources years later, referenced here and here.

Adam has added something important here, and I look forward to reading it later today.
      Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

By all means, talk to the appropriate departments, but speak to them of movement, authenticity and understanding of painful and potentially painful processes and their affect on movement.

Last edited by waleed121; 30-12-2015, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X