No announcement yet.

Simple contact workshop in Ontario?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ??? Simple contact workshop in Ontario?

Hey everyone,

I'd love to bring Barrett to Sothern Ontario for a simple contact workshop. Possibly Toronto late 2014 or early 2015? What to people think? Just want to figure out if there would be much interest for the location. Barrett, I know you did the APTEI symposium in the fall, interested in revisiting to spread some knowledge??

I'd love to come your way. As it happens, according to my map, Southern Ontario is rather close to the center of the universe - Ohio.

I can certainly make it before "late" 2014, but, whatever.

Any interest expressed?
    Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

Remember Andy? He attended our joint class in San Diego and is from Toronto. He wistfully mentioned that he wished there were more classes like this available in Ontario.
      Please note: When people from Toronto say "Ontario" they really mean "Toronto."
      Diane
      www.dermoneuromodulation.com
      SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
      HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
      Neurotonics PT Teamblog
      Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
      Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
      @PainPhysiosCan
      WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
      @WCPTPTPN
      Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
      SomaSimple on Facebook
      @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

Actually Diane,

When we say Canada we also mean Toronto

Comment

I do remember him. Maybe Rajam has his email address.
          Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

Originally posted by GregLehman View Post
            Actually Diane,

When we say Canada we also mean Toronto
            Yes. You're ri-ee-ght. Sorry, eh? I forgot about Keeenada itseeeylf!
            Last edited by Diane; 21-01-2014, 08:17 PM. Reason: correct the accent
            Diane
            www.dermoneuromodulation.com
            SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
            HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
            Neurotonics PT Teamblog
            Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
            Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
            @PainPhysiosCan
            WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
            @WCPTPTPN
            Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
            SomaSimple on Facebook
            @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

I am certainly ALL for that. My measly efforts in the past to create interest locally (Barrie) fell woefully short about 10 years ago.
              Toronto is only 45 minutes away....just on the outskirts of Barrie ....
              We don't see things as they are, we see things as WE are - Anais Nin

I suppose it's easier to believe something than it is to understand it.
              Cmdr. Chris Hadfield on rise of poor / pseudo science

Pain is a conscious correlate of the implicit perception of threat to body tissue - Lorimer Moseley

We don't need a body to feel a body. Ronald Melzack

Comment

I remember seeing a Bluejays baseball game from the CN tower (toronto). Not many cities can say that.

Comment

I'll email him and let him know about this conversation.
                  "The danger is not that the soul should doubt whether there is any bread, but that, by a lie, it should persuade itself that it is not hungry" (Simone Weil)

Comment

So far not a bad response. I'm counting about 10 people or so. I've even gotten some private response too and I've got some non soma simpletons interested. From posts of other workshops, they all seem to be around 10-20 people. I don't work/ live in Toronto so I don't have a clinic to host. I figured Toronto would be best to get the most people. Can anyone offer to host??

Comment

Yes. Anyone?
                      Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

Count me in as one to attend.

I may be able to host at one of our clinics in Hamilton. Depending on number of people and
                        what resources are required.

Jake

Comment

I need a projector for my power point and a table for each two participants.
                          Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

That can be arranged. I need some definite numbers for attendance.

I have a number of clinics as options in Hamilton and surrounding areas.
                            J

Comment

It would be great to see you in Hamilton!

Need any volunteer patients
                              Byron Selorme -SomaSimpleton and Science Based Yoga Educator
                              Shavasana Yoga Center

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool" Richard Feynman

Comment

Working...
                              X