How Deep is Deep is Deep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Deep is Deep is Deep?

Posted by Diane<script language="JavaScript1.3" type="text/javascript"> document.write(timestamp(new Date(2005,10,6,15,16,0), dfrm, tfrm, 0, 0, 0, 0)); </script> (Member # 1064) on 06-11-2005 22:16<noscript>November 06, 2005 03:16 PM</noscript>:

I have recently stumbled on a vast array of information hidden in "book" form on PubMed. I'm dazzled. Why I never came upon any of this before I'll never know. It's been there awhile.. oh well.

It is described as "books" but it is more encylopaedic in nature. You can crisscross, splice in various headings in various sidebars (using the little search function provided, a copy/paste inconvenience but a minor one), and end up in an entirely different land than the one you start in. I started with cell ameboid movement and ended up in the nervous system, and after roaming around for awhile, thought I'd bring this huge list of summary topics here. This is like a ganglion. You can travel in any direction, pretty much. It's a virtual book, globe-shaped with an infinity of pathways and directions and vectors through it and cognitive windows into the information that exists in this collection about the body. This is just about the nervous system. There are other whole volumes on cells, embryology, evolution, ... there are even a couple books on rehab. Incredible.
    <hr> Posted by Randy Dixon (Member # 3445) on <script language="JavaScript1.3" type="text/javascript"> document.write(timestamp(new Date(2005,10,7,5,0,0), dfrm, tfrm, 0, 0, 0, 0)); </script> 07-11-2005 12:00<noscript>November 07, 2005 05:00 AM</noscript>:

And you expect thanks for this?

Curse you woman!
    <hr> Posted by Diane (Member # 1064) on <script language="JavaScript1.3" type="text/javascript"> document.write(timestamp(new Date(2005,10,7,8,8,0), dfrm, tfrm, 0, 0, 0, 0)); </script> 07-11-2005 15:08<noscript>November 07, 2005 08:08 AM</noscript>:

Sorry Randy! [IMG]smile.gif[/IMG]

That link above is just one slice I made. There are a zillion ways to cut up the melon.

This is the whole library.

Cell cycle control alone goes to 379 different "books", each with several links each.

Immunodeficiency goes to 1330 (!!!) links.

Protein evolution takes you 507 directions.

The four "new" books (featured at the bottom of the library link) go to just one link each, with several "chapters." The physical rehab, spinal cord, and clinical exam tools ones are still copy/paste, but the blood assay one is clickable. (Too bad they all aren't, but it's a start.)
    <hr> Posted by Diane (Member # 1064) on <script language="JavaScript1.3" type="text/javascript"> document.write(timestamp(new Date(2005,10,19,9,12,0), dfrm, tfrm, 0, 0, 0, 0)); </script> 19-11-2005 16:12<noscript>November 19, 2005 09:12 AM</noscript>:

There have been at least 50 new "books" added since I last posted here.

This link, Plasticity in the Adult Cerebral Cortex explains how input and output can change each other. The brain learns.
    Last edited by bernard; 29-12-2005, 06:02 PM.
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. L VINCI
    We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. I NEWTON

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not a bit simpler.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    bernard
Working...
X