Ideomotor Jerk!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Pete,

You might be right about that. What I did notice was that the areas prone to this "jerking" were my trouble spots. It was like they were trying to kick the door down or something. I didn't really mind them except that they were so sudden it felt as though something was misfiring.

I stopped worrying about it long ago. And then they have chilled out as well. I don't know if it was the Gaba or not.

Bas, you say such nice things. Thank you.
    Byron Selorme -SomaSimpleton and Science Based Yoga Educator
    Shavasana Yoga Center

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool" Richard Feynman

Comment

Interesting video about Huntingtons Corea.

Brief, purposeless, sudden movements.

[YT]OveGZdZ_sVs[/YT]
      Shavasana Yoga Center

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool" Richard Feynman

Comment

Myoclonus can be physiological and is observed when someone is in a hypnogogic state; falling asleep,waking or being treated. The most common variant I deal with is PNES/NEAD which is essentially a management problem.

Myoclonic disorders: a practical approach for diagnosis and treatment
        http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3036960/

Some of my posts:

Simple Contact - Ideomotion Contraindications
        http://www.somasimple.com/forums/sho...665#post164665

PNES/NEAD
        http://www.somasimple.com/forums/sho...608#post184608
        Last edited by Jo Bowyer; 15-07-2014, 09:44 AM.
        Jo Bowyer
        Chartered Physiotherapist Registered Osteopath.
        "Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi

Comment

Byron Selorme,
          The video... I see nothing, only a black board.
          What is going on?
          Benjamim Fontes

Comment

Try again, Benjamin? - worked fine for me.
            Diane
            www.dermoneuromodulation.com
            SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
            HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
            Neurotonics PT Teamblog
            Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
            Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
            @PainPhysiosCan
            WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
            @WCPTPTPN
            Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
            SomaSimple on Facebook
            @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

Diane,
              yes, now it works fine for me too. Thanks.
              Benjamim Fontes

Comment

Byron

I get those ideomotor jerks too; mine are pretty regular (sometimes like shaking head no) They always seem to end well, but for someone looking in, it must look lie I'm having a fit. Actually my wife accused me of that once.

Do you find that you get into positions and just sort of hang out there for a bit?
                Last edited by Dan84; 15-07-2014, 06:08 PM.
                Dan
                Tactile Raconteur

Comment

That happens sometimes. But usually at the end of a ...spasm.. With the muscle staying "on" if you will. Often it is in cervical extension.
                  Who knows. The floor is pretty safe.
                  Shavasana Yoga Center

Comment

You both know what you are doing and I hesitate to advise, but I'm going to anyway. Myoclonic jerking once established is difficult to down modulate. Keep it vermiform and enjoy!
                    Jo Bowyer
                    Chartered Physiotherapist Registered Osteopath.
                    "Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi

Comment

Ideomotor Jerk!

I would never miss an opportunity to admit I don't know what I am doing. Thanks for that info Jo. I have to read up on vermiform now
                      Last edited by byronselorme; 16-07-2014, 09:19 PM. Reason: miss spelled
                      Shavasana Yoga Center

Comment

Vermiform = worm-like
                        Diane
                        www.dermoneuromodulation.com
                        SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
                        HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
                        Neurotonics PT Teamblog
                        Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
                        Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
                        @PainPhysiosCan
                        WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
                        @WCPTPTPN
                        Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
                        SomaSimple on Facebook
                        @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

That's a good start
                          Shavasana Yoga Center

Comment

Working...
                          X